How do I find out if there is a class near me?

Click here to search for a class near you.  Enter the city or zip code by which you want to search to see a listing of the all the classes offered near you.  After you click enter, you even have the option to adjust the radius of the search (# miles) to narrow or widen your search. Also if you are on a older browser you can search by state and will give you a listing of all classes in that state.

Do I need to reserve a spot to attend a class?

We highly recommend that you pre-register and pre-pay to guarantee your seat at the class.  You may pay online with a credit or debit card.  If you do not have a credit or debit card, you may still pre-register and select “on-site payment” to pay on the night of the class.  ONLY Money orders will be accepted as payment on the night of the class.

Do you accept checks or cash?

No.  We can accept credit/debit cards, but only with online pre-registration and pre-payment.  For on-site payment, we can only accept money orders. Make Money Orders out to MADD (Mother’s Against Drunk Driving).

How will I know if a class has been cancelled due to weather?

We always recommend you check our website on the day of the class.  If a class has been cancelled for any reason, it will be posted on the website. If you pre-registered and the class is cancelled, you will also receive email notification.

Can I reschedule my registration?

Each panel location has an individual policy for reschedules or for moving your registration from one panel to another. You can find those specific instructions in the Terms and Conditions section of the panel registration sign up page. Some panels charge a reschedule fee. Please contact your local office to reschedule.

What should I bring on the day of the VIP?

Every attendee must show some form of picture identification at the panel. Some courts require specific paperwork. Check with your court or refer to the Terms and Conditions on the registration sign up page. If you pre-pay, you should bring you registration confirmation. You may print or be able to show on your phone or other device.

What time do I need to show up for my class?

Even if you pre-register, you will still need to show up at the time indicated for registration for the location where you will be attending a class.  It takes time to check-in all those who have pre-registered in addition to those who will be registering on-site.

What if there are no classes available before my court date at the location where I want to attend?

You may check other locations for times and dates that fit your needs.  Classes are only offered at the dates and times published. You can also check to see if you are eligible for an Online VIP.

What do I do if I lose my VIP certificate and need another copy?

Click here to search for an office near you. Please contact your local office to order a duplicate certificate. Most offices charge a fee to process a duplicate certificate – rates vary by state.

Why won’t it let me pre-register online?

Online registration MADD Victim Impact Panels usually close roughly 24-48 hours before the class is scheduled to begin.

If you are stuck on the registration page, make sure you added “1” to the qty and entered your birthdate in the correct format.

Is there a Spanish class available?

Yes, we do offer several classes in Spanish. The class listing will say Spanish if it is offered in Spanish.

Will I get my VIP certificate for the court the day/night I attend the class?

Yes.  At the end of the class, you will be given a copy of your receipt/certificate.

Is this DUI school?

No.  If you have been ordered to attend DUI school, that is separate from a MADD Victim Impact Panel class.  Some judges will order offenders to attend a Victim Impact Panel class.  Some will order offenders to attend DUI school.  Depending on the charges, some may order offenders to attend both.  You will need to be clear about exactly what the judge has ordered you to do in order to fulfill your sentencing requirements.  If you are unsure, contact your attorney, probation officer, or the court to clarify your requirements.